Coach and Horses' Yard.-West out of Aldersgate Street, in Aldersgate Ward Without (Rocque, 1746-Boyle, 1799).
Site now occupied by offices and business houses.
Name derived from the sign.
Coach and Horses' Yard.-North-east out of Bartholomew Close at No. 71, near the entrance to Great St. Bartholomew's Church (P.O. Directory). In Farringdon Ward Without.
First mention : L.C.C. List, 1912.
Coach and Horses' Yard.-East out of Coleman Street at No. 71, north of Great Swan Alley (Elmes, 1831). In Coleman Street Ward.
First mention : Strype, ed. 172O.
In O. and M. 1677, the Coach and Horses Inn is shown, from which the yard derived its name.
The site is now occupied by offices and business houses.
Coach and Horses' Yard.-South out of Fan's Alley, in Aldersgate Ward Without (Rocque, 1746-Boyle, 1799).
Site has been rebuilt.
Coach and Horses' Yard.-West out of Northumberland Alley, Fenchurch Street (Lockie, 1816-Elmes, 1831).
Not named in the maps.
Site covered by offices and business houses.
Coach and Horses' Yard.-West out of Wood Street, in Cripplegate Ward Within (O. and M. 1677-L. Guide, 1758). "Coach and Horses Court" (O. and M. 1677). "Coach and four Horses Court" (P.C. 1732).
So named from the inn standing in it.
The site seems to be occupied by "Paul's Alley" in Rocque and Strype.