Crown and Sheers Place, Royal Mint Street.-North out of Royal Mint Street. In. Portsoken Ward (L.C.C. List of Streets, 1901).
Former names : "Blue Anchor Alley" (O. and M. 1677, to London Guide, 1758). "Crown and Sheers Alley " (Rev. of London, 1728). "Crown and Sheers Court" (Rocque 1746-Boyle, 1799). "Crown Place" (Horwood, 1799). "Crown and Shears Place" (Lockie, 1810-Elmes, 1831). "Crown and Sheaf Place" (O.S. 25 in. 1880).
It seems to have communicated with the Minories, and at Nos. 83 and 84 Minories the Crown and Shears Public House now stands to commemorate the site of the adjacent street.
The site of the court is now covered by the Goods' Depot of the Great Northern Railway.