Evans' Court.-East out of Basinghall Street, at No. 45, to Helmet Court, with a passage north to London Wall (O.S. 1875). In Bassishaw Ward.
First mention : In Will of Thomas Evans, citizen and paynter steyner, 1688 (Ct H.W. II. 778).
Probably named after this citizen, who held property there, the messuages in the court being described in his will as new built (End. Ch. Rep. 1829, p.131).
Other names : "Horse Yard" (O. and M. 1677). "Guildhall Court" (Strype, ed. 1720 and 1755).
It was named "Guildhall Court" of the sign of the Guildhall on the front house in the Court, mentioned in the Will of Thomas Evans above.
Site occupied by offices and business houses.