Fann Court.-West out of Miles' Lane at No. 14, near its junction with Upper Thames Street (P.O. Directory). In Bridge Ward Within.
First mention : O.S., 1848-51.
Former names : "Fan Court" (Lond. Guide, 1758-Elmes, 1831). "Fen Court" (O. and M. 1677-Rocque, 1746).
There seems to be a little confusion as to its exact location, as it is placed further north in O. and M., viz. on the site of "Meeting House Yard," and also in Strype's maps of Bridge Ward. In some of the other ward maps in Strype it is correctly located on the present site.