Boss Court.-North out of Upper Thames Street at 221 (P.O. Directory). In Queenhithe Ward, east of St. Peter's Hill.
First mention : Rocque, 1746.
Former names : "Green Dragon Court" (O. and M. 1677-Strype, 1755). "Boss pump yard " (P.C. 1732). "Bosses Court" (Rocque, 1746).
The original court or alley of this name seems to have been Boss lane or alley (q.v.), on the south side of Thames Street. Perhaps the name was transferred later to this alley on the north side of the street, as adjacent to the original Boss of water, from which the name is derived.